Principal Cloud Security Engineer
About Kinect Consulting
Kinect helps organizations migrate to the cloud, transform their value proposition, and optimize their operational and technical investment. Technology is at the core of nearly every business today. In order to succeed in a digital world, organizations of all sizes, across all industries and sectors, are working to optimize their technology to drive competitive advantage. The cloud is critical to these efforts, making organizations more agile, scalable, innovative and secure. But the cloud journey is complex, and pitfalls are common and costly.
Kinect Consulting has successfully navigated all aspects of the cloud journey, in some of the most complex scenarios imaginable. Our Cloud Execution Framework offers a proven methodology for success, and combined with our related cloud services, ensures that our clients reach their optimized future state in the cloud. Our clients love us because we offer:
- The agility, pricing and attention of a small firm.
- The backing of a Fortune 100 company.
- Experience supporting complex, global enterprises.
- Practical, actionable guidance that is business outcome driven.
- We are also innovators, developing numerous products where we see gaps in the market and in our clients’ technology toolsets.
Kinect Consulting is looking to hire an experienced and highly motivated Principal Cloud Security Engineer to install and maintain cloud-based applications, systems, or associated infrastructures. The engineer will analyze and define business requirements to determine specifications and standards; propose and develop solutions. Deploy and oversee implementation and integration of web-based applications, ensuring that appropriate information security standards are met. Maintain reports, logs, or other records of security audits. Monitor system uptime and performance, troubleshooting and resolving errors. Stay informed of emerging cloud technologies and evaluate their value to the organization's operations. Requires experience with one or more cloud computing platforms.
About the Opportunity
You are a motivated engineer who is passionate about building at scale on Amazon Web Services (AWS) and defining how hundreds of engineers can be productive & secure on AWS. You thrive at simplifying hard problems and can articulate the solution to both technical and non-technical stakeholders. You know there are trade-offs between short-term productivity and long-term vision for the team, while being pragmatic about it. You are an expert in AWS services, Cloud Security, and Cloud Infrastructure are passionate about cloud/infrastructure automation, and closely follow enhancements in the cloud industry.
Kinect Consulting is looking to hire an experienced and highly motivated Principal Cloud Engineer. As part of this team, you will be working to design, secure, automate, and implement industry leading solutions to support Kinect Consulting clients through their digital transformation journey. In this role, you will play a crucial part in shaping the future infrastructure design and implementation for many customers for years to come! Key Responsibilities The position requires limited supervision and works mostly independently.
- Providing technical leadership, deep security, technology and architecture expertise.
- Provides hands-on technical design and implementation ensuring technologies are successfully incorporated into our environments
- Designs and defines AWS architecture for new secure cloud computing systems or existing systems migrating to cloud architectures.
- Performs expert-level systems AWS development and design work that may include logical system design; I/O design; cloud architecture analysis and design; and systems engineering.
- Creation Cloud/Infrastructure automation as needed (Ansible/Cloud Formation)
- Ability to develop technical roadmaps for future AWS cloud implementations.
- Ensures security is integrated into all cloud architecture solutions.
- Design, test, certify and document new cloud services, environments and systems.
- Provide technical mentor other members of the cloud engineering team.
- Follow industry trends and build proof of concepts leveraging new cloud services.
The expected length of relevant prior experience beyond formal education is 8 or more years. The position requires the following technical skills:
- Experience with security, especially knowledge of the DOD RMF process required AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional AWS Certified DevOps Engineer Professional preferred but not required
- Advanced knowledge of cloud technologies and cloud infrastructure, including networking, VPCs, VGWs, VPNs, DNS. AWS preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of industry standard DevOps tools (CI/CD, Git, scripting, Gradle, Maven, • Chef, git, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.).
- Expert understanding of cloud computing design and security principles.
- Detail-oriented, with excellent analytical, technical and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with software development life cycles
- Experience writing technical documentation for a technical audience
- Strong commitment to customer service and service enablement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with end-users, business owners, developers, managers and system engineers
The following requirements are nice to have:
- Experience with security, especially knowledge of the DOD RMF process required
- 8750 Certification at IAT level II required (at least one)
- Active Secret Clearance