Principal Cloud Engineer
About Kinect Consulting
Kinect helps organizations migrate to the cloud, transform their value proposition, and optimize their operational and technical investment. Technology is at the core of nearly every business today. In order to succeed in a digital world, organizations of all sizes, across all industries and sectors, are working to optimize their technology to drive competitive advantage. The cloud is critical to these efforts, making organizations more agile, scalable, innovative and secure. But the cloud journey is complex, and pitfalls are common and costly.
Kinect Consulting has successfully navigated all aspects of the cloud journey, in some of the most complex scenarios imaginable. Our Cloud Execution Framework offers a proven methodology for success, and combined with our related cloud services, ensures that our clients reach their optimized future state in the cloud. Our clients love us because we offer:
- The agility, pricing and attention of a small firm
- The backing of a Fortune 100 company
- Experience supporting complex, global enterprises
- Practical, actionable guidance that is business outcome driven
The Platform Engineering team at Kinect Consulting, is looking to hire an experienced and highly motivated Principal Cloud Engineer. As part of this team, you will be working closely with the team to design, automate, and implement industry leading solutions to support Kinect Consulting clients through their digital transformation journey. In this role, you will play a crucial part in shaping the future infrastructure design and implementation for many customers for years to come!
About the Opportunity
You are motivated engineer who is passionate about solving customers problems and building at scale on Amazon Web Services (AWS) and defining how hundreds of engineers can be productive & secure on AWS. You thrive at simplifying hard problems and can articulate the solution to both technical and nontechnical stakeholders. You know there are tradeoffs between short-term productivity and long-term vision for the team, while being pragmatic about it. You have a deep understanding of AWS services and Cloud Infrastructure (DNS, Networking, VPC, EC2, Lambda, Terraform, Ansible, etc...) and how to best to use them, are passionate about cloud/infrastructure automation, and follow enhancements in the cloud industry.
The position requires limited supervision and responsibilities include:
- Provide technical leadership, deep technology expertise and architecture experience
- Provide hands-on technical design and implementation ensuring technologies are successfully incorporated into our environments
- Design and define AWS architecture for new cloud computing systems or existing systems migrating to cloud architectures
- Perform expert-level systems AWS development and design work that may include logical system design; I/O design; cloud architecture analysis and design; and systems engineering
- Write clean, extensible code with appropriate test coverage and documentation
- Ensure security is integrated into all cloud architecture solutions.
- Develop technical roadmaps for future AWS cloud implementations
- Mentor other members of the cloud engineering team Skills
- Advanced knowledge of AWS security/governance/compliance tools
- Advanced knowledge on AWS Lambda using python/nodejs
- Advanced knowledge on IaC, AWS CloudFormation, HashiCorp Terraform
- Advanced knowledge on configuration management tools Ansible, Chef
- Advanced knowledge on Kubernetes/AWS EKS and multi-cluster Kubernetes management
- Advanced knowledge on cloud native CICD tools AWS CodeCommit, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, CodePipeline
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate or Professional
- Experience in non-relational databases Cassandra/Solr, AWS DynamoDB
- Experience in designing, developing and maintaining PaaS solutions
- Experience in designing, developing and maintaining SaaS solutions