Principal Cloud Architect
About Kinect Consulting
Kinect helps organizations migrate to the cloud, transform their value proposition, and optimize their operational and technical investment. Technology is at the core of nearly every business today. In order to succeed in a digital world, organizations of all sizes, across all industries and sectors, are working to optimize their technology to drive competitive advantage. The cloud is critical to these efforts, making organizations more agile, scalable, innovative and secure. But the cloud journey is complex, and pitfalls are common and costly.
Kinect Consulting has successfully navigated all aspects of the cloud journey, in some of the most complex scenarios imaginable. Our Cloud Execution Framework offers a proven methodology for success, and combined with our related cloud services, ensures that our clients reach their optimized future state in the cloud. Our clients love us because we offer:
- The agility, pricing and attention of a small firm
- The backing of a Fortune 100 company
- Experience supporting complex, global enterprises
- Practical, actionable guidance that is business outcome driven
Kinect Consulting is looking for a highly motivated, solutions oriented, Principal Cloud Solutions Architect. As part of this team, you will be working directly with customers to connect their business goals and outcomes to enabling technologies, identify key measures, and help execute on customers cloud initiatives. In this role, you will play a crucial part in shaping the future infrastructure design and implementation for many customers for years to come!
About the Opportunity
You are motivated and passionate about solving customers problems and building at scale on Amazon Web Services (AWS) and defining how hundreds of engineers can be productive & secure on AWS. You thrive at simplifying hard problems and can articulate the solution to both technical and non-technical stakeholders. You know there are tradeoffs between short-term productivity and long-term vision for the team, while being pragmatic about it. You are an expert in AWS services, Cloud Security, and Cloud Infrastructure are passionate about cloud/infrastructure automation, and closely follow enhancements in the cloud industry.
The position requires limited supervision and responsibilities include:
- Be an AWS evangelist. Educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of AWS
- Lead deep architectural discussions and design exercises to create world-class solutions built on AWS while ensuring solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
- Collaborate with company leadership on best practices, cloud solution approaches and cloud practice expansions
- Contribute to all aspects of the project life cycle, including design, development, testing, and support.
- As a hands-on Principal Architect, you will provide technology leadership, oversight on design, development, and implementation of solutions
- Work with product owners and c-level executives to build the vision and design a flexible architecture then work with the team to implement and maintain that vision.
- Assess and help lead complex integrations of core cloud solutions with 3rd party API’s.
- Make recommendations to improve operational processes relative to efficiency and effectiveness
- Provide input, help build and document major architectural designs to ensure scalability of solutions
- Ensure customer success in designing, building and migrating applications, software, and services on the AWS platform
- Work with sales teams and c-level executives to formulate and execute a sales strategy to exceed revenue objectives through the adoption of AWS
- Communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers
- Obtain customer pain points and market demand to help define compelling services and extend solution offerings
- Drive SOW’s for cloud relevant solutions environments with the software and cloud teams focusing on the Enterprise segment
- Serve as escalation point for all cloud technology related issues
- Responsible for requirements gathering, design, and high-level socialization of complex infrastructure solutions needed to solve an IT/business problem.
- Participation in technical and non-technical project meetings, development of presentation quality technical documentation, creative conflict and issue resolution, and communication of design criteria and direction across all levels of IT management
- Works collaboratively to design, document, and request delivery of, multi-platform and multisite/zone infrastructure environments
- Manages multiple project engagements and priorities autonomously and in parallel
The position requires the following technical skills:
- 7+ years design/implementation/consulting experience with distributed applications
- 5+ years of experience in application, infrastructure, database, and networking architecture
- 3+ years relevant experience in technology/software sales or pre-sales consulting
- Have led or worked with multiple large-scale enterprise DevOps or cloud transformation projects.
- Experience in cloud-based architectures: distributed data architecture, big data applications, micro services architecture; experience with AWS or other cloud vendor desired
- Experience operating solutions built on AWS or other public cloud vendors
- Experience with Identity Management tools (Such as Okta, Auth0, etc.)
- Experience with Container Security tools (Such as Aqua, Sysdig, Twistlock, etc.)
- Understanding of Cloud Security Frameworks
- Advanced knowledge on configuration management tools (Such as Ansible, Chef, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge on Kubernetes/AWS EKS and multi-cluster Kubernetes management
- Advanced knowledge on cloud native CICD tools (Such as AWS CodeCommit, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, CodePipeline, etc.)
- Knowledge on AWS Lambda using python/nodejs
- Experience in “migrating” on premise workloads to the cloud
- Experience with public/private cloud environments (AWS/Azure/Google Cloud), and Automation/Continuous Integration
- Experience in SDLC including associated deployment methodologies, QA processes, and performance tuning efforts
- Previous Infrastructure/System Engineering experience in heterogeneous environments
Advanced Experience with AWS services such as:
- CloudFormation, IAM Policies, EC2, Lambda, S3, Glacier, Multi-Region VPC, Route53, Security Groups, ALB/ELB/NLB, CloudWatch, etc
- Knowledge of how to build cloud ready applications, containerization, microservices and serverless application architecture